How to see someone’s birthday on Snapchat ?
Snapchatters are often surprised by their friends’ birthdays. Indeed, the cake emoji appears only at the date of birth of the user concerned. However, the social network has solutions to avoid these inconveniences. You will be able to see your friends’ birthdays in advance.
However, this information can sometimes be hidden by the privacy settings of the profile in question.
How to find out about friends’ birthdays on Snapchat ?
There are different ways to Know the birthday of a Snapchat user, if this information is visible on the platform. In general, the network informs you the same day, through the birthday cake emoji. This festive image appears in the list of friends, next to the profile of each person celebrating their birthday. To find this emoji:
- Open the Snapchat application;
- Click on your profile picture;
- In the Friends section, open the My Friends section;
- Scroll down to explore your friends list.
If someone is celebrating their birthday, you will also see a cake emoji to the right of their name in the chat interface. You can then send stickers, filters, themes, gifts… Otherwise, you will not note anything special in your list of discussions. This memo is disabled, if your friend has chosen to hide his birthday in the privacy settings.
What gifts for Snapchat members ?
On Snapchat, birthday gifts often take the form of ephemeral photos and videos, in line with the original concept. You can also add a message to please your loved ones. You’ll send a present and a cake emoji to the right of their name in the chat interface digital greeting card.
If it’s your birthday, the app will allow you to enjoy special themes and lenses to mark the event.
In any case, Snapchat has developed many features to celebrate the birthdays of its different members. You can, for example, design a personalized sticker and send it through messaging. This practice is very popular on the platform.
Another option is to create a story for your friend and accompany it with a little birthday message. It’s also possible to share a special birthday filter, theme or Bitmoji.
How to be informed of your friends’ birthdays ?
The Birthday Minis feature allows you to know your friends’ birthdays in advance. In particular, it highlights the birthdays, near and far, of people in your contact list. You will also be able to find out the astrological signs of your friends in this section.
Indeed, birthdays are classified by zodiac sign. The tool also allows you to send birthday chats or snaps.
There are currently two ways to open the Birthday Minis feature. To use the first method:
- Launch the Snapchat app on your Android or iOS mobile device;
- Click on the Chat icon visible at the bottom of the screen;
- Choose a friend from the list of conversations displayed;
- On the Chat screen, click on the icon in the shape of a mini rocket;
- Press the Minis option;
- On the Snap Mini interface, search, then select Birthdays;
- You will now be able to see your friends’ upcoming birthdays.
The Birthday Mini feature was designed to help Snapchatters remember their friends’ birthdays on the platform. With the second method, just launch the application and scroll down. Then click on Birthdays, under Games and Thumbnails.
You will then see a screen with all your friends’ birthdays. To further assist you, the social network offers a birthday countdown.
How to activate the birthday countdown ?
The birthday countdown is a handy and popular feature on Snapchat. It allows you to know the time remaining before receiving or giving presents. Thus, you can take care of the personalization of your virtual gifts or speed up the offline preparations.
The countdown timer can also make the wait even more exciting, like at the end of the year. To use it:
- Open the Snapchat application;
- Swipe the screen to the left to access the camera interface;
- Click on the Snapchat logo in the upper part of the screen;
- Press the notched icon in the upper right corner ;
- In the settings, scroll down to the Countdown option;
- On the displayed interface, type the name and birthday of your friend ;
- Start the countdown by pressing Create.
If you got the date wrong, you can stop, change or delete the timer at any time. You just have to go back to the Countdown section and select the timer in question. You will then have the choice to edit or delete the birthday countdown.
You can also use this timer to your own birthday. This practice is far from unusual for distracted, busy or impatient Snapchatters.